Site visit interviews: from good to great
Gret Higgins from Userfocus has written a good primer on interviewing skills required when doing site visits.
- Good interviewers build rapport. Great interviewers realise that rapport involves more than meeting and greeting.
- Good interviewers listen. Great interviewers realise that listening involves more than using our ears.
- Good interviewers are sympathetic. Great interviewers are empathic.
- Good interviewers are aware they might be biased. Great interviewers use their self-awareness to uncover blocks to listening.
- Good interviewers note inconsistencies between what someone says and what they observe. Great interviewers investigate these inconsistencies
Page 1 of 2 pages